Nollywood actor, John Okafor aka Mr Ibu, has refuted reports making the rounds that he is seriously ill after he was hit with stroke.
The rumour about Mr. Ibu’s condition became viral after a tabloid quoting a family source said the actor had been bedridden for a while as he is battling with stroke.
The source also claimed that Mr Ibu is currently being taken care of by an undisclosed herbalist and is responding to treatment after he was hit by a mysterious stroke shortly after he returned from a trip to Owerri.
The rumour spread further when the President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN Emeka Rollas took to social media saying; “I am aware that Mr Ibu is truly down with stroke, but he is fast recovering and need more of our prayers right now.”
However, the rumours have been waved aside by Mr. Ibu in a video posted on social media which shows him looking healthy.
”People are saying that I have stroke, that I am down with stroke. Why? How can you announce somebody’s and you have many and you haven’t announced yours? I don’t have any stroke please,” Mr. Ibu said in the video.
Actor, Mr Ibu, debunks report that he’s down with stroke. pic.twitter.com/5e92qOJPN7
— #BBNaijaReunion #DoubleWahalaReloaded Laila Ijeoma (@LailaIjeoma) April 4, 2019